Apparently there are people who are still not aware that Samsung Galaxy 3 can be synchronised with MacBook Air. One of them is my brother, although he has been using Samsung for more than a year. That’s why I am writing this article. Yes, I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone after deciding I need a real device to test my application development. So synchronisation is a must .
Here are the steps you will need to do to synchronise both of them:
1. Make sure you have a fully updated Mac OS system.
2. After you buy your Samsung phone, make sure to follow the basic setups written in the user manual.
3. Download the latest version of Samsung Kies from www.samsung.com/kies
4. Click the button ‘Download for Mac OS’.
5. Wait for the download to finish, then click the .dmg file from your Downloads folder.
6. The below screen will pop up.
7. Do not drag the pkg icon to the uninstall icon.
8. Double click the pkg icon.
9. If your Mac is displaying the warning message above, just click OK. This happens because of the new gate keeper feature from Mac, recently added, starting from Lion. It is meant to safe keep users from unintentionally installing apps which are actually viruses.
10. Click the ‘Control’ button and do a single click at your track pad. The following pop up will be displayed. Click ‘Open’.
11. The short cut will enable a one time installation, circumventing the gate keeper.
12. Then click ‘Open’ again when the following screen is displayed.
13. Click ‘Continue’ on the following screen, then click ‘Continue’ again.
14. Click ‘Agree’ on the user agreement page.
15. Click ‘Install’ on the following page.
16. Enter your Mac password and click ‘Install Software’
17. Click ‘Continue Installation’ on the following screen.
18. Wait for the installation to finish, then restart your Mac. Remember to close other applications first or save your work.
19. Kies is now on your Applications folder. You can explore its functionality from Samsung’s website . Have fun.