Basil Salad Software release News Anchor 1.0
Basil Salad Software today announced the immediate availability of News Anchor 1.0 – a stunning fusion between traditional media and web 2.0 technologies.
News Anchor Information
News Anchor is an alternative RSS/ATOM feed reader targeted for the auditory group of Mac OS X users. Instead of treating feeds like e-mail and display them visually, News Anchor utilizes text-to-speech technology to present a television-like news broadcast. Unlike television, users may customize the broadcast by selecting which feeds that they subscribe to. News Anchor is the perfect choice for catching up with feeds while having meals due to its one-click hands-free operation. News Anchor is compatible for Mac OS X 10.5 and up for both Intel and PowerPC based Macs.
Features & Benefits of News Anchor
- Sources data from RSS or ATOM news feeds
- One-click, hands-free operation. News Anchor relieves you from needing to use the mouse or keyboard to get to the next article in your reading list.
- Supports password protected feeds (HTTP basic authentication). This enables News Anchor to access subscription-based (paid) news feeds.
- Generate news channels automatically based on the feeds of your choice.
- Universal binary, works for both PowerPC and Intel based Macintosh systems.
- Multi-core and 64-bit ready. News Anchor makes optimal use of multi-processor applications and runs as a 64-bit application when run under Snow Leopard with a 64-bit capable processor.
Availability and Pricing
News Anchor is available to download and buy in English from today. Single user licenses are available for USD $38. 5-user licenses are also available for USD$97.
News Anchor is a Universal Binary, requiring Mac OS X Leopard or Mac OS X Snow Leopard and 20 MB disk space. A free trial copy of News Anchor may be downloaded from: http://basil-salad.com/
Principal Developer, Basil Salad Software
press at basil-salad dot com